Development Engineer (f/m) High Voltage Safety & Electrical Engineering in Stuttgart
The brand portfolio of Daimler incorporates Mercedes-Benz, Mercedes-AMG, Mercedes-Maybach, Mercedes me, smart, EQ, Freightliner, Western Star, BharatBenz, FUSO, Setra, Thomas Built Buses as well as Mercedes-Benz Bank, Mercedes-Benz Financial Service, Daimler Truck Financial, moovel, car2go and mytaxi.
Electric-powered transport is charging ahead. It is a trend that will gather pace over the coming years, and Daimler Trucks & Buses aims to prepare itself strategically and globally for the long term.
That is why we have founded a self-contained organization, the E-Mobility Group (EMG), to work in this important future business area. It is our ambition to actively shape this market and to position ourselves as the undisputed market leader.
We have already successfully launched electric commercial vehicles on the market, such as the eCanter, the eActros, the electric Citaro, and the eCascadia, the first fully electric class 8 truck. With these we are proving that we can offer our customers attractive and competitive products in this area as well. ‚Product Engineering e-mobility Daimler Trucks & Buses‘ is one of the four core functions of the E-Mobility Group Daimler Trucks & Buses.
We are relying on a world class team to achieve our goal of becoming the undisputed market leader for electric trucks and buses. Your expertise, your ideas and your enthusiasm will help us to establish and expand the E-Mobility Group. Together we can turn e-Mobility into a success story for Daimler Trucks and Buses.
Join us and become part of the E-Mobility Group!
Within the engineering organization of the e-Mobility group, we are looking for a highly motivated, well-educated and experienced engineer (f/m), who takes care of the High Voltage (HV) Safety of our HV-powertrain systems in trucks & buses.
- Your tasks include:
- You will be part of a team of specialists from different cognate disciplines and you will work on the development of our HV-powernets.
- Together with the Chief Electrical Engineer in Charge (CESC) you are responsible for the HV-safety of our existing and future global powertrains including all interfaces and work on the release of the HV-systems & trucks.
- You assess and track the fulfillment of HV safety requirements for our current and future electric vehicle (EV) systems according the relevant norms and standards (i. e. MBN LV123, ECE R100).
- You define, perform and track necessary validations of the requirements regarding HV safety in close collaboration with the component responsible engineers.
- You are responsible for specific health & safety requirements, the compliance with the existing rules and the further development of our specific norms and regulations.
- You are motivated to participate in relevant boards and as well as to support shaping the direction of your team within the engineering organization.
- During the ramp-up phase of the engineering organization, we count on your flexibility and motivation to tackle incoming tasks as needed, and your support in further building up the complete organization.
- Your skills:
- Masters degree in electrical engineering or mechatronics
- Currently you are nominated as electrically skilled Person (ES) (German: Elektrofachkraft (EFK))
- You are familiar with all aspects of High Voltage & High Power systems engineering especially the according regulations & requirements
- You posses a multi-year experience within mechatronics/electronics engineering, especially focusing on HV systems and HV-safety
- You are familiar with the Daimler Trucks product spectrum and the requirements derived from the rough truck environment
- You have experience in working in a multi-national team
- You have excellent English skills
- Soft skills:
- You thrive in a dynamic and volatile environment and bring with you a can-do attitude to make things happen
- You are willing to travel internationally
- You posses a drivers license class CE
This is a full-time job (also suitable for part-time)
It doesnt work completely without formalities. When sending your online application, please attach your CV, an individual letter and any references you may have (max. 6 MB). We particularly welcome online applications from candidates with disabilities or similar impairments in direct response to this job advertisement. If you have any questions, you can contact the local disability officer once you have submitted your application form, who will gladly assist you in the onward application process: email@example.com Contact HR: HR Services, Phone: 0711/17-99533. Please understand that we no longer accept paper applications and that there is no right to get your documents returned.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.stepstone.de/5/index.cfm?event=offerView.dspOfferInline&offerid=5667581&cid=partner_sticksandstones___SP →