3D Art Director – Product & Photography (m/f)
Wayfair is revolutionizing how imagery is created. We are building a Creative team that will produce high volumes of compelling interior and product images in a way that’s never been done before.
We’re looking for a quick-thinking visual storyteller with previous experience as an Art Director in home décor or furniture. Successful candidates will be big-picture thinkers, capable of wearing many hats from coach and mentor to producer and negotiator — we are looking for a great collaborator who is able to keep business goals in sight.
As the AD, you’ll collaborate with a U.S. based Creative Director and a small group of 3D artists and stylists as well as editors and product buyers in a high-volume, fast-paced 3D studio. Our team works quickly; it is important that applicants thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well under the pressures of ambitious deadlines.
The teams of 3D stylists and artists are working in very sophisticated software packages. It’s not necessary that you are an expert user but you need to be an expert coach on image and brand standards. We believe that a high-level skill set in directing traditional home furnishing photography and technical aptitude will get you there — a love of technology will get you there faster.
To be considered for this position you must have a digital portfolio showcasing your work as an Art Director.
You already are:
· A talented and experienced Studio Art Director. Able to provide input on lighting, styling, design, product selection, room layout and architecture.
· A visual story teller. Able to execute against a creative brief. You need to have a mastery of composition, color, lighting, room design, visual narrative, spacial relationships — and the shots to prove it.
· A collaborator. You’ll be working each day leading our in-house 3D team. You will need to communicate your vision in a way that is executable not to mention on brand, time and budget
· Detail-oriented. You not only catch the tangents, issues with photo realism and over saturated scenics in our images but have the capacity to understand and manage the implications of rolling out a new plan or change in process on junior team members.
· Thick-skinned. You’ll get regular feedback on how your shots have performed so you can adapt in the future. Sometimes it won’t be what you were expecting—often it will be. Roll with it either way and help the team grow in response.
· Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts in photography or equivalent relevant experience
· Significant experience in Art Directing in studio or location
· A portfolio that demonstrates outstanding creativity and attention to detail, art direction/influence, photo styling, and creative problem solving
· Product & Photography experience is essential
· Experience in a variety of studio settings ranging from editorial to retail catalog and location-based photography
· Knowledge of post-processing/retouching and compositing
· Technical knowledge of lighting and or 3D technologies is an advantage
· Ability to negotiate while not creating adversarial relationships is a must; including managing different opinions through a creative endeavor
· Must possess strong communication (both written and oral), problem-solving, organizational, time-management, and analytical skills
· A positive and friendly attitude and a sense of humor while maintaining the ability to direct a variety of strong personalities, is necessary
· Experience managing and developing creative staff as well as leading a team that is highly entrepreneurial
· Strong commitment to ensuring quality and exceeding expectations
· A passion for all things home, including the latest trends and developments
And finally, our proposition to you!
· A competitive salary and bonus, and we share the company with you in stock units
· A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
· Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
· We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
· Of course fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day!
· We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
· Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Wayfair is the leading E-Commerce company for furniture and home accessories. With our diverse range of over 7 million products, our customers can design the home they always imagined. At Wayfair, our customers can find the right product for the right price. The foundation blocks of our success were laid in 2002 by the founder Steve Conine and Niraj Shah.
Wayfair generated $4.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 6,800 people.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuchen Sie bitte die folgende URL: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oy7H6fwc&s=Jobs_for_Unicorns →